Friday, June 4, 2010

Main Garden

Many of my plants are in containers, but I do have a main garden in the backyard. Here are some pictures of what I grow there and how everything is doing.

The first row is a mixture of watermelon and cantaloupe plants. The watermelons are just vines, but we do have several small cantaloupes.


The second and third rows are mostly tomato plants with a few zucchini plants. We have several small tomatoes.





The third row is yellow squash. I prefer the straight neck as opposed to the crookneck squash. We have been eating some squash already.




Row number five is cucumbers. I do not need any dill pickles this year. These are for eating fresh and perhaps some yummy sweet pickle relish.



The last row is okra which is in need of a bit of thinning out. The best way I know to eat okra is fried. I can handle it is soup but not stewed. I am thinking some pickled okra might be a good thing to try this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment