Friday, February 5, 2010

Flowers

I mentioned before that I love growing flowers and consider them an important part of my garden. I have several flower beds scattered around the yard and could never afford to purchase as many plants as I would need. Seeds are much more affordable, and I love being surprised by the colors of flowers from mixed packs of seeds. Here is my flower list for this year:

Nasturtium
Bee Balm
Lime Zinnia
Baby's Breath
Lobelia
Petunia
Bells of Ireland
Blue Fescue Grass (not technically a flower but will border a flower bed)
Sweet William
Hollyhock
Poppy
Sweet Peas
Gloriosa Daisy
Shasta Daisy
Moss Rose
Forget-Me-Not
Cosmos
Lupine
Centaurea

I may need to pick up a pack or two of seeds for hanging basket flowers. I will wait to see how well these sprout.

That is everything I have planted so far. Now comes the hard part - waiting for everything to sprout. All of the seeds were planted by January 29 so I hope to see a few sprouts by the first of next week. Even without sprouting seeds I have a few garden related items to share next week so stop back by!

No comments:

Post a Comment