Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Little Greenhouse

First up I will share a picture of my greenhouse. It is nothing fancy. My husband, Warren, built it with materials we already had on hand so it was free. The plastic is not actual greenhouse plastic. A local nursery suggested this particular plastic to us. It is almost the same thickness, but most importantly it is cheaper. We can recover the greenhouse multiple times with this for the same price of once with the official greenhouse plastic.


Inside is a shelving unit that he picked up somewhere. I try not to complain about the treasures he drags home as they seem to come in handy at some point. I ended up with 72 trays of seeds started.

To keep everything straight, I numbered each tray and then wrote in my gardening notebook what was in each one. It is hard to see the numbers in this picture, but they show up well in person. I do love the trays and am so happy that I purchased them. They seem a bit thicker than the ones I used to get from buying flowers. I hope to get two or three years use out of them.

The opposite side from the shelves has the flowers I was saving from the cold. They look pitiful right now, but I hope at least a few will sprout out as the temperatures rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment