Thursday, February 4, 2010

Herbs

I love having fresh herbs on hand. I have some that survived the very cold weather from the beginning of January. Those are oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and lavender. Here is a list of what I have started to add back to the garden this spring:

Catnip
Curly Parsley
Flat Lear Parsley
Basil
Chives
Garlic Chives
Cilantro
Tarragon
Sage
Lemon Basil
Oregano
Dill
Ammi Visnaga

The catnip is for my two little nipheads, Lucy and Paris. I am not sure if JJ likes it yet or not. The girls love it so I am growing extra this year. The oregano is a test. The seeds are about 9 years old. I am just curious if they will sprout. The ammi visnaga is related to the parsley family. I am growing it more as a floral though. It attracts good bugs that feed on the bad ones according to the seed catalog. I am all for natural ways to handle pests in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment