Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blooms

With the warmer temperatures and spring rains, the flowers and plants around the deck are really growing as is most everything in the yard. I thought today I would share a few blooms.

The first is a nasturtium. Each year I have grown these from a package of mixed seed. It is always exciting to me when one blooms since the color is a surprise. Here is the latest one.

I love how these petunias have little stripes of white on each bloom. In the background is Lucy overlooking her domain.

I cannot remember the name of these. I chose them mainly because they grow tall and will attract butterflies. The small purple blossoms are lovely.

The last blooms are the ones I am most excited about.....raspberry blooms. My new raspberry bushes are blooming. I expect I will only have a small handful of raspberries this year, but it will be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment