Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Perfect Getaway

In the evenings the cats and I love to sit in the backyard. I take a book, magazine, or perhaps a letter and settle into one of the Adirondack chairs. The cats either gather around on the deck or in the grass. I think all of the plants help make the deck a nice little getaway at home.




I added a few new plants this year. DH picked out this collection of coral bells. The names of the varieties are delightfully delicious: Creme Brulee, Key Lime, and Mint Mocha.








While I have no idea where he picked up the two plastic stands and cannot even remember what the original purpose of each was. They make perfect plant stands. I am hoping that over the next few months the ferns grow full and bushy and hide them just a bit. The pot in the front has trailing verbena. The three plants in the back should grow one to two feet tall with blue and purple flowers.
Pictured below is JJ who was following me around the yard until he found something in the grass to stalk.

1 comment:

  1. those make very nice plant stands.
    I'm guessing they are wire spools, and once held wire for a big electrical project.

    ReplyDelete