Monday, April 12, 2010

Hanging Baskets


Last year while at a large yard sale, I saw some unusual hanging baskets. It was literally a large round mass of a plant. A few weeks later I received a Better Homes & Gardens magazine with a similar idea. This is a bit of an adjustment from the two.

I took two round-ish coconut lined wire baskets. Out of one I cut a round hole in the center, and I cut three slits in the sides of each. I filled each with dirt and placed them together. They were secured with four zip ties. I then stuck a small plant sprig in each slit. The hole in the center of the top basket makes it easier to water.

If all goes well, in a couple of months, the plants will have grown and spread covering the baskets. I have four different ones. Two have different colors of sweet potato vine. One has petunias, and the one shown here has chenille.

No comments:

Post a Comment