Monday, April 5, 2010

The Raised Beds

For the time being not much is happening in the raised beds. I do have a good variety of herbs that are left from last season. They even survived the snow with no problems. I added in a few tiny plants. Currently I have marjoram, lavender, curled parsley, garlic chives, onion chives, basil, tarragon, sage, rosemary, flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, catnip, and mint. I am not sure that the catnip will make it. Paris ate three of the seedlings as soon as I set them out. I fear I will need to buy a few big plants to set out while I grow some new seedlings.


In the second section are some lettuce plants. I started these in the greenhouse and have just set them out. I have two stages of growth planted now and will start some more seeds tomorrow. I am looking forward to having fresh, organic lettuce that I can just pick rather than buying which is rather expensive. We love salad especially once the weather heats up.












I neglected to take a picture of the garlic bulbs that are sprouting. I planted some in the yard and some in the raised bed. The ones in the raised bed are doing much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment